Parquet flooring installation
Parquet flooring installation
Parquet installation is the most demanded service, since parquet is a reliable floor covering with spectacular designs and original decoration.
Natural coatings have all the advantages of solid or multilayer wood.
However, the durability and resistance to wear offered by parquet floors will not only depend on the quality of the wood, but also on the installation method.
As practice shows, only professional installation of massive parquet boards guarantees that your parquet will last a long time without requiring additional repairs due to shifting of the boards, cracks, scratches and other problems.
The process of laying parquet using the “turnkey” solution depends on the type of flooring. We do not recommend laying parquet from strips or solid boards on your own.
This process consists of several stages. Let’s see more details:
- Wood acclimatizationBefore installing solid wood parquet, the material must undergo acclimatization. This is very simple to do: you should leave the parquet strips in the new room for at least 2 days and the solid wood strips for a week. In this case, the room must have a stable temperature of at least 18 degrees.
- Base preparationParquet flooring is usually laid on plywood or concrete. When parquet is laid on an uneven floor without plywood, it is impossible to achieve maximum adhesion of the coating. The subfloor must be thoroughly cleaned. Dry and wet cleaning is necessary so that no dust and dirt particles remain on the surface of the base. You also need to process the screed with parquet flooring.
- Plywood installationPlywood is laid on the prepared surface using parquet glue and nails. Proper placement of the base will help increase the waterproofing properties of the parquet.
- Oak wood flooring placement or another typeProfessionals begin the installation of the first panel on the left side of the wall according to the plan and the planned drawing. Laying parquet is a technically complex process. The price of the work depends on the type of parquet planks, the closings, as well as the complexity of the pattern or designs. Professionals deliberately leave an expansion gap of 10 mm along the walls so that during the natural movement of the boards, the parquet does not swell and creak.
- Lining edges and pipesBe sure to carry out high-quality decorative processing of the edges of the floor coverings and hide the small gaps located around the pipe.
- Baseboard installationParquet flooring is usually laid on plywood or concrete. When parquet is laid on an uneven floor without plywood, it is impossible to achieve maximum adhesion of the coating.
The estimated cost for laying parquet is possible to know after the final measurements of the space where it will be installed and the choice of a particular type of parquet. The final price is calculated after completion of all installation work.
Do you want to know how much it will cost you to carry out renovations?
Leave us a request and receive a quote for the “turnkey” reform of your apartment, house or office in one day!